June Is Men’s Health Month—Get Involved!
Did you know there was a month entirely dedicated to raising awareness for issues impacting the health
and wellness of men and boys?
The month also coincides with Men’s Health Week (June 10-16), a special awareness period created by Congress, and the #ShowUsYourBlue campaign on June 14! Men and women are encouraged to wear blue to work that day to show their support for the health and well-being of men boys and men.
See our easy list of things to do to be active and aware, all month long:
- Spread the word and make sure every loved male in your life is living well!
- Early screenings! They will not only save money in the long run but also save your life and/or make life easier to manage if diseases are caught early on.
- Exercise, its summertime! Why do you think most TV shows and football are off? So you can finally go out and move around (Note: there is no true correlation between summer broadcast schedule and reason to exercise)! Get at least 30 minutes of exercising in to help your heart and “just do it”, like Nike says!
- Father’s Day is coming up! Why not give your father figure in your life the gift of knowledge too? There are many resources at www.menshealthnetwork.net that help educate you and your father about risks of prostate cancer and other diseases that may be prevalent to you.
- Keep reading this blog and others like it for the latest on how to improve and support men’s health (Hopefully starting with this June, we will have regular pieces weekly for you).
- Remember that anyone can assist in the men’s health movement, and help is not limited by your gender. Anyone can be supportive and help men take that first step towards a better life. Everyone should be an ally!