Summer means outdoor fun! It also means heat, and lots of it. These popsicles will help you beat those high temps while staying healthy!
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt, divided
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon, divided
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 Tbsp honey
Other materials needed
- Small saucepan
- Paper cups
- Popsicle sticks
- In a small bowl, add the zest of 1 lemon to 1 cup of the yogurt.
- To the same bowl, add the juice of half a lemon. Mix and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add the blueberries, honey, and juice if the other half of the lemon.
- Cook over medium for 3-4 minutes, or until some blueberries begin to burst. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining 2 cups of yogurt with the blueberry mixture. Stir to combine.
- In a paper cup, alternate layers of blueberry yogurt with layers of lemon yogurt until the cup is ⅔ full.
- Place a popsicle stick in each cup and place in the freezer.
- Freeze for 6 hours, or until frozen.
- Gently squeeze the sides of the cups to release the popsicles and enjoy!
**Recipe makes 4 Popsicles**